Easy and Inexpensive Dryer Vent Repair Solutions
It is a tremendous inconvenience when your dryer breaks down. After all, it plays a vital role in making that daunting chore so much easier. But it’s a fact that dryers and dryer vent systems break with constant use and contribute to its eventual wear and tear. Therefore, you must become familiar with some of the more straight forward, inexpensive dryer vent repair tips.
Common Dryer Vent Repair Questions
No matter how careful you use your dryer, it will break down after a good amount of continuous usage. But it is normal to experience some issues, particularly when it comes to the vent. Also, the most common dryer vent problem is lint and debris buildup that clogs the vent line.
The result of a clogged dryer vent presents many problems, such as reduced dryer efficiency, increased repair costs, and the presence of a hidden fire hazard. That’s not all. A clogged dryer vent means time and energy wasted, the growth of mold, and clothing that wears prematurely. The question is, “how could you know if your dryer vent needs repair?”
If you’ve been asking the following questions, you probably should consider exploring some of these dryer vent repair tips.
1. “Why are my clothes taking too long to dry?”
Has it been taking too long to dry your clothes these days? It is either you are overloading the dryer, or you have a clogged dryer vent. When something obstructs the dryer vent, there’s not enough airflow to dry your clothes thoroughly. In this case, increasing the frequency of cleaning your dryer vent should help.
2. “Why are my clothes or the dryer feeling hot?”
So, you take out your clothes from the dryer. Instead of them feeling warm and cozy, they’re hot. It’s not only the clothes that are hot but the exterior of the dryer as well. If this is the case, the dryer vent is likely clogged. A clog can cause heat to concentrate within the dryer cabinet, causing lint to ignite and catch fire.
3. “Why can I smell something burning from the dryer?”
If your dryer is already emitting a burning smell, then you must take quick action. A burning smell is a telltale sign that your vent is clogged, the dryer cabinet has elevated in temperature, lint is smoldering, and could escalate to a dryer fire. When this heat becomes intense, it can cause a spark that ignites the flammable material inside the dryer and dryer vent. Again, the culprit is lint accumulation that has restricted airflow and created a blockage.
4. “Why does the outside vent have so much lint buildup?”
The clearest warning sign that your dryer vent is clogged is when you see the outside vent already showing some buildup. The external vent is the perfect place to look for signs that the dryer vent needs cleaning. If there’s visible buildup, you might need a professional to inspect and do a thorough cleaning of the duct.
Simple Dryer Vent Repair Tips You Can Do Yourself
Besides clogging, there are other issues that your dryer vent might encounter throughout its lifespan. Some of them might not need professional help, and you can fix yourself. So that you can avoid unnecessary expenses, here are simple dryer vent repair tips you can do on your own.
- Compressed dryer transition hose -The easiest solution is to replace the transition hose with a metal duct to prevent flattening.
- Clogged Dryer Lint Screen – The best fix is to clean the lint screen with a soapy water solution and a stiff fiber brush to remove any residue that could be clogging the mesh.
- Wobbly or damaged ducts – You can repair this by replacing the entire damaged ducts and using clamps or strapping to steady the shaky ones.
- Too Many Bends Throughout the Vent System – Too many turns can restrict airflow and lead to more places for lint buildup, which you can fix by using alternate routes to lay out the duct.
- The Vent is Too long – A dryer vent must not be more than 35 feet with consideration given to 90- degree and 45-degree turns. If it’s too long, consider moving it where there’s better exhaust access.
These are dryer vent repair solutions that are easy enough to do on your own. But some, like fixing an improper installation or cleaning congested dryer vent exhaust, need professional help. Before you call the experts, it would help to know which dryer repair service is best to hire.
Things to Consider Before Calling A Dryer Vent Repair Company
With so many dryer vent repair company’s online, it can be tough to identify a trustworthy and reliable service option. Here are a few considerations that may help you select the right professionals to hire.
- Certification – A certified technician implies that the cleaning company or the cleaner has done training and passed a rigorous exam that permits them to perform dryer vent repairs. If they are not certified, you run the risk of placing your family and home in danger.
- Cleaning Process – Experienced and trained dryer vent repair professionals know how to fix any dryer vent issue. They can also handle the dryer vent cleaning, using the appropriate method for your specific situation. A trustworthy dryer vent repair service will not hesitate to answer your questions and tell you their cleaning process.
- Equipment Used – Professionals only use industry-specific tools. Cheap tools won’t do the job as well, so don’t forget to consider this. It’s not only the tools but equipment as well. For example, the pros use unique cameras to identify problem locations while accessing an issue and calibrated air velocity measurement devices to determine its severity. In addition, some parts/products sold in Big Box stores are inferior residential dryer vent systems.
- Other Services Offered–Professional dryer vent specialists offer additional services essential to your safety, like disinfecting a vent with bacteria buildup or rodent residue that could cause respiratory illness.
Hire Our Dryer Vent Repair Team Now!
No homeowner wants the inconvenience of a failing or failed dryer vent, but it happens. If it’s a simple issue, you can quickly fix it on your own. But if it’s an extensive cleaning or a repair, calling a professional is your safest choice. With that said, don’t hesitate to contact us for all your dryer vent repair services; we are ready to help you any time of the day.
Need help? Contact us for a FREE Inspection today!